The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has recently released the SSC CPO 2023 Notification on 22nd July 2023. This notification presents an exciting opportunity for young candidates to work as police officers. The SSC aims to recruit candidates for the position of Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police and Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs), offering a total of 1876 vacancies.
The SSC CPO 2023 Notification has been officially released by the Staff Selection Commission, providing aspiring candidates with an opportunity to serve as Sub-Inspectors in Delhi Police and CAPFs. This recruitment drive offers a promising career in law enforcement and attracts numerous graduates seeking to make a difference in society. Let’s dive into the eligibility criteria and the application process to help candidates pursue this esteemed position.
|S. No||Name of the Posts||No. of Posts|
|1||Sub-Inspector (Exe.) in Delhi Police – Male||109|
|2||Sub-Inspector (Exe.) in Delhi Police – Female||53|
|3||Sub-Inspector (GD) in Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs)||1714|
|4||Sub-Inspector (GD) in CAPF – Ex-servicemen||171|
SSC Sub Inspector Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the SSC CPO Exam 2023, candidates must meet certain criteria:
Candidates must be between 20 to 25 years of age as of 01/08/2023. Those born between 02/08/1998 and 01/08/2003 are eligible to apply.
The SSC provides relaxation in the upper age limit for specific categories:
- Schedule Cast / Scheduled Tribe (SC / ST): 5 years
- Other Backward Classes (OBC): 3 years
- Ex-Servicemen: 5 years
For the post of SI in Delhi Police:
- Widows, divorced women, and women judicially separated from their husbands and not remarried: 35 years
- Widows, divorced women, and women judicially separated from their husbands and not remarried (SC/ST): 40 years
For Departmental candidates of Delhi Police:
- Unreserved candidates with at least 3 years of regular and continuous service: 30 years
- OBC candidates with at least 3 years of regular and continuous service: 33 years
- SC/ST candidates with at least 3 years of regular and continuous service: 35 years
Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or an equivalent qualification to be eligible for the SSC CPO Exam 2023.
SSC CPO Salary
Candidates selected for the Sub-Inspector (GD) positions in CAPFs and Sub-Inspector (Executive) positions in Delhi Police (Male/Female) will receive a monthly salary as per the following pay scale:
- Sub-Inspector (GD) in CAPFs: ₹35,400 – ₹1,12,400
- Sub-Inspector (Executive) – (Male/Female) in Delhi Police: ₹35,400 – ₹1,12,400
SSC Sub Inspector Selection Process
The selection process for SSC CPO 2023 Recruitment consists of the following stages:
Computer-Based Examination (Paper-I)
Candidates will first undergo a Computer-Based Examination (Paper-I). This test evaluates their knowledge and aptitude in various subjects.
Physical Standard Test / Medical Standard Test
Those who qualify in Paper-I will proceed to the Physical Standard Test and Medical Standard Test. These assessments ensure that candidates meet the required physical and medical standards.
Computer-Based Examination (Paper-II)
Candidates who clear the Physical and Medical tests will appear for the Computer-Based Examination (Paper-II). This exam further assesses their proficiency and skills.
Detailed Medical Examination (DME)
Candidates shortlisted after Paper-II will undergo a Detailed Medical Examination (DME) to ensure they are medically fit for the job.
Exam Pattern & Syllabus
The SSC CPO Exam 2023 consists of two papers:
- Paper-I: General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Knowledge and General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, and English Comprehension.
- Paper-II: English Language & Comprehension.
Candidates must be thoroughly prepared for each subject to perform well in both papers.
Candidates are required to pay a non-refundable application fee based on their category:
- UR/OBC: ₹100
- Women candidates, SC/ST/PWD/ESM: Nil (exempted from payment)
The fee can be paid online through various methods, including BHIM UPI, Net Banking, or using Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit cards. Alternatively, candidates can pay in cash at SBI Branches by generating an SBI Challan.
How to Apply for SSC SI Recruitment
To apply for SSC CPO Recruitment 2023, follow these steps:
- Visit the official SSC website www.ssc.nic.in.
- Click on “New User? / Register Now” if you are a new user, otherwise, log in using your registration number and password.
- Fill out the application form with accurate details.
- Upload your photograph in JPEG format.
- Pay the application fee as per your category through online modes or SBI Challan.
- Double-check the information provided before submitting the form, as no changes can be made afterward.
- Print the application form for future reference.
When was the SSC CPO 2023 Notification released?
The SSC CPO 2023 Notification was released on 22nd July 2023.
How many vacancies are there for Sub-Inspector posts?
There are a total of 1876 vacancies for Sub-Inspector posts in Delhi Police and CAPFs.
What is the age limit for SSC CPO Exam 2023?
The age limit for SSC CPO Exam 2023 is between 20 to 25 years as of 01/08/2023.